Tuesday, May 5, 2020

The Algoma Innovator Passes Belle Isle

Well it turns out that it was just one ship that would pass but I was okay with that.  It wasn't like I was doing anything else anyway.
 The ship in question was the Algoma Innovator and I think she was heading down to Toledo but I'm not sure where she was coming from.
 She is the second rear pilothouse ship that I've see with the self unloading boom on the front.  Soon there is going to be another as Interlake Steamship is building one with this configuration.
 This configuration allows the ship to go into certain ports (but I'm not sure which) without having to back in.  The only problem that I see is that the ship looks odd.
 But odd looking ships are okay as they make money for the companies that own them.
 It was a little windy on the river and it was threatening to rain.
 The beam shot as she passes by.
 If she was going to Toledo (I don't really remember), it is only a couple hours from this point.
One more shot as the the boat in the next picture comes up.

No comments: