Sunday, May 31, 2020

Catching the Arthur M. Anderson

I saw that the Arthur M. Anderson was upbound today.  I wasn't sure if I wanted to go to Detroit today because of the protests that are happening all across the country.   At the end, I figured they wouldn't be protesting anywhere near where I would be going, so I went to Detroit.
 My first stop was Del Ray.  That was a bit of adventure as they are doing bridge work over I-75, so I had to take a round about way of getting there.  By the time I got there, the Anderson was already passing.
 As I was looking at Marine Traffic, I figured that she was stopping for fuel, so I headed over to Riverside Park because that gave me a good spot to see her going into Mistersky Fuel Docks.
 The lighting was fairly cooperative although it was a little behind her.  I think if you look closely, you can see her fleet mate, the Great Republic, behind her.
 The Anderson slowly pulls into the dock here.
 She was on her way back from delivering a load to Conneaut, Ohio.  I think it was iron ore but I'm not 100% sure.
After she finishes fueling, she is on her way up to Stoneport to pick up a load of stone for somewhere.

No comments: