Monday, May 18, 2020

Catching the Lady Doris

After the Frontenac, I decided to head home because there weren't too many other ships I could catch but I had an outside chance of catching this ship.
 I headed down to Marine City because I thought I could catch her there.  Sadly, she was passing the park where I thought I would catch her but I knew there was another park just a little further up the road.
 As I headed to that park, it turned out that it was closed but I didn't think I would be there that long, so I used it.  It used to have a little boardwalk but that was almost gone.  I suspect it was under the St Clair River for a bit.
 Anyway, the Lady Doris is owned by Mineralien Schiffahrt out of Germany.  I'm not sure she is flagged out of Germany though.  In fact, I suspect that is not the case.
She was built in 2011 as the Merganser.  If  I remember correctly, the duck names are from a company called Calfornav out of Montreal.

No comments: