Wednesday, August 11, 2021

A Surprise Visitor

 The next ship kind of snuck up on me.  I was not expecting to see her but when I did, I had to stay.

Since I wasn't paying attention to anything outside of the Michipicoten, I didn't notice that the Lee A. Tregurtha was working her way downbound.
She was on her normal route of Marquette to Dearborn.
Because of that, she would have been delivering taconite to the Rouge Steel Mill (whatever it is called these days).
It was nice to see her because she is such a nice looking ship.
The almost beam shot.
I love the Tregurtha because she has a different looking profile.  You can see hints that she was once an ocean going vessel in her bow.
She is one of a handful of ships left on the Great Lakes that was used in World War II.
She continues on her way.
In about two hours, she will be at her destination.
A stern shot.
And it is rare that you have three ships in one shot lately.



No comments: