Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Catching the Baie Comeau in Charlevoix

 So when I saw that this ship was heading up to Charlevoix, I figured that I had to make my way over there.  That made for a bit of a whirlwind day because I probably took a longer route than necessary.

It is my goal to catch a ship heading into each of the Lake Michigan ports.  So far, I've caught ships going into St. Joseph, Grand Haven, Holland, Muskegon and Ludington.  Next on my list are Manistee and Charlevoix.
When I caught the Baie Comeau passing Marine City, I saw that she was heading to Charlevoix and since I had the day off, I figured I would head up there.
I thought that I would be catching her passing the lighthouse in Charlevoix.  I didn't think I would be seeing her back in.
She was headed to the cement plant there with a load of cement.
Another picture with my camera.
I'm not a fan of stern shots, so I had to get my drone out.  Unfortunately, that meant that I would be shooting into the sun.
With some work on the angles, I could get some decent shots though but I was at the limits of my drone.
Fortunately, it wasn't windy out.  As she was backing in, I was able to get some other angles.
The lighting in this shot makes it look like an old color photograph.
I'll have to say this was a pretty cool spot to catch her.  I liked getting the cement plant in the back ground.
I was able to get better angles as she backed further in.
I kind of like this shot.  This one was with my camera.
I really like this shot.
She's almost in her slip.
Another bow shot.
Another shot that I like.
One more before heading back home.

All in all, it was a pretty nice day for my birthday except that it was too much driving.  It made me pretty wiped for the next day.  Oh well, I don't get many opportunities like this, so I had to take it.


No comments: