Friday, August 20, 2021

Catching the Michipicoten Again

 I kind of wanted to take it easy on Sunday and then I saw that the Michipicoten was coming down.

Her destination was listed as Detroit which I think means she was going to park on the Rouge River side of Zug Island.
I think that means she was carrying stone.
Unfortunately, I was shooting into the sun for these shots.
I was happier when I switched over to the drone.
I could get on the other side so that I was shooting with the sun instead of into it.
I love the blue of the river in this shot.
She has a few wharf scrapings but she's not that bad.
Alot of the red on her hull is because she was almost exclusively delivering iron from either Duluth or Marquette to the Soo Sainte Marie steel mill.
One more shot.  You can see the Detroit skyline.  You can also see a pair of ships in the anchorage.



No comments: