Wednesday, August 4, 2021

The Ojibway Passing Riverside Park

 So on Sunday I decided I wanted to go boatwatching.  Sadly, there wasn't much boatwatching to be had.  I was about to give up and then I saw that this guy was coming down the river.

I was pretty sure I wouldn't be able to catch her at Belle Isle, so I headed down to Riverside Park.  As you can see, it was pretty hazy.  I'm told that haze is from the Canadian forest fires.  It's interesting because lately it has smelt like a campfire.
I'm not sure where she was coming in from, if I had to guess, I would say that she was coming down from Thunder Bay.  Another good guess would be that she was coming out of layup from Sarnia.
I would also say that she was coming down with a load of grain because that is what most straight deckers carry.
Other than the haze, it was a pretty nice day and the water looked nice.  It was a little on the windy side.
Because there was a Tigers game, I couldn't fly my drone.  So I didn't get any drone shots with this set.
She was on her way to Hamilton.  I'm not sure if it's because she has a load to deliver there or she's going back for layup.
She starts to approach the Ambassador Bridge.
A beam shot as she passes under the Ambassador Bridge.
The tower of the Ambassador Bridge centered.
She continues on her way down the river.
I kind of like this shot.
The passes the Canadian support for the Gordie Howe Bridge.


No comments: