Saturday, August 28, 2021

The Saginaw Delivers Stone to Marine City

 I decided to go boatwatching today.  There was a nice variety of ships passing by (even if there were too few of them).  There was one that I was hoping to catch but I thought it might have been too far out.

The first one is a favorite of this author.
She's a nice looking boat even if she looks a little rough right now.
I'm not sure where the Saginaw was heading from but she was heading to Marine City.
Based on her destination she was carrying a load of stone.
I think that means she would have loaded at the Bruce Mines.  She couldn't have loaded at one of the American and delivered stone to an American port.
Anyway it was nice to catch her even if it was a fairly hot day.
Surprisingly, I didn't get much heat haze in my pictures but I don't think the water is as cold as it was earlier in the season.
One more picture with my regular camera.
I switched to my drone.  It was windy but it wasn't that windy.
I love the blue of this river.  It looks almost pure.
The Saginaw just passes by.
Almost a beam shot.
And the beam shot.
She was getting ready to go into her dock.  She kicks up some of the sediment on the bottom of the river.
One more shot.


No comments: