Thursday, August 5, 2021

Tuesday Night at the North Cell Phone Lot

 So I decided to head to the airport on Tuesday night.  They are doing some work on 22R (which is the far western runway), so the planes had to use 22L.  I was pretty sure I couldn't catch them from my normal spot but I was figuring that I might be able to catch them from the North Cell Phone Lot.

They've done quite a bit of work on the north side of the airport and you can actually see the planes from the Cell Phone lot.  But I think that is only when they are landing on 22L.  At any rate, it worked for me.

First up was a 717 coming in from Traverse City.
It was followed by a 717 from Grand Rapids.
I could see the planes that were landing on 21L as well.  This Citation was coming in from Little Rock, Arkansas.
A CRJ-700 coming in from Midway in Chicago.
One of the planes that I like.
Some call it a Bombardier C-Series.
However, Airbus bought Bombardier, so now it is an A220.  At any rate, it was arriving from San Antonio.
An A320 coming in from Indianapolis.
I kind of like the livery on these planes.
It is a Frontier Airlines A321 arriving from Denver.  The art is called Courtney the Cougar.
A CRJ-900 coming in from O'Hare.
And my favorite plane.
The 757.
This was a 757-300 coming in from San Francisco.
It was a good night for 717s.  This one was arriving from Milwaukee.
I saw this sign and I kind of liked it.  I had to have a plane behind it.
A 737 coming in from Denver.
Another 757.
This one was arriving from Seattle.
I liked the sky in the back.
I liked the beacon shots.
And I realized that I got another.
An A321 coming in from Salt Lake City.
An American 737 coming in from Dallas.
Another 757.
This one was from Indianapolis.
And it belonged to Fed Ex.
Since I love the 757.
One more.
A CRJ-900 coming in from Cincinnati.
And I don't remember where this one was coming in from but it was another 717.
An American E170 coming in from O'Hare.
This was a Gulfstream.
An E175 coming in from Charleston, South Carolina.
A 737 coming in from Tampa.
And an A319 coming in from Nashville.
A CRJ-900 from Memphis.
It seems like the CRJ is the official plane of Detroit Metro, so there's this picture.
A CRJ-200 coming in from Bloomington, Indiana.
An E175 from O'Hare.
An American A319 from Charlotte.
An E-175 from Houston.
Normally this would be the final highlight of my night.
A late Fed Ex 505 flight from Memphis.
The MD-11 is pretty cool.
Nicely framed against the sunset.
One more.
But then this A300 came in.
I have one other A300 picture and it wasn't the greatest.
This particular one was arriving from Rochester, New York.
One more with the sunset.


No comments: