Wednesday, August 11, 2021

The Algoma Innovator Passes Belle Isle

 After catching the air show practice, I decided to head over to Belle Isle.  Since I didn't think to bring my drone along to the air show stuff, I didn't have it with me.  It was kind of nice to go old school though.  Besides, it was a little on the windy side.

I was coming down for a specific ship and as a result, I didn't check the upbound ships but there were quite a few.  And it was kind of cool to get surprised.
There was a ship ahead of the Algoma Innovator but I didn't get down to Belle Isle in time to catch her.
I'm not sure where she was heading but I'm going to guess that she was headed up to Goderich.  It seems like that is where she has been spending much of her time lately.
Anyway, this configuration is because there are some ports that ships with the boom mounted in the usual spot can't get into.  I think Buffalo is one of them.
As a result, this ship carries salt quite a bit.
The stern shot as she heads up the river.
And one more before moving on to the next ship.



No comments: