Sunday, April 14, 2019

Catching the Mississagi

I was hoping that I would catch this ship but I saw that she was still a ways down.  So I decided to shorten the time it would catch her by moving to another spot.  It was a good thing that I did but more on that later.
 When I last caught the Mississagi she was passing Port Huron in January.  She was one of the last ships I caught in the shipping season.
 I think that she was headed to Sarnia for layup.  She may have been delivering a load of stone and then layup.
 This time she was on her way from Ashtabula.  I know that because that's what her AIS destination said.
 Unfortunately, that means I'm not sure where she was heading but based on where she is right now, I would say that it is probably one of the Duluth area ports.
 It could be Marquette.
 At anyrate, it was nice to see her even though she is looking a little worse for wear.
 An almost beam shot.
 A better beam shot.
 And she starts to pass by.
Or so I thought, until I saw that she was stopping at the fuel docks in Windsor.

No comments: