Sunday, April 14, 2019

Rainy Day Diversions

I was going to take it easy today.  It was rainy and cold.  I was content to stay home.  And then I saw that Metro was getting some diversions from O'Hare.  The one I was hoping to catch was the Lufthansa 747-8.
 I tried to get the airport as fast as I could but I ended up going to the wrong side.  I thought that the planes were landing from the north.  As I saw a couple planes taking off, I knew that wasn't the case.
 So I headed over to the other side of the airport to catch the planes coming in from the south.  The first plane to greet me was a 717.
 This plane was arriving from Minneapolis.
 I decided to stick around a bit as I didn't have my phone with me and I wasn't 100% sure I missed the 747.  And then this 757 appeared.
 I do like getting plane pictures in the rain.  You can see the mist coming off the wing surfaces.  Occasionally, you can see the flaps and stuff cutting through the mist.
 This particular 757 was arriving from Los Angeles.
 One more shot of that.
 The 737 looking particularly cool in nasty weather.
 This one was arriving from Nashville.
 A side shot of that plane.
I managed to miss the 747.  Apparently there was also an A350 belonging to Lufthansa that arrived.  I missed that one too.  As I was going back to my spot, I saw an Austrian 777 flying by.  So I think I missed all of the diversions.  This Southwest 737 was arriving from Dallas.

No comments: