Tuesday, April 9, 2019

The CSL Assiniboine Makes an Appearance

As I was getting ready to head back home.  I saw that I had one more ship I could catch before making the trek.  So I headed back to Marine City to catch her.
 The ship in question was the CSL Assiniboine.  She was on her way to Thunder Bay.  I'm not sure what she was on her way to pick up.
 I do know that trip would take a bit longer than expected because of all the ice on the St Marys River and Whitefish Bay.  Because of that ice, I was hoping to catch the Pierre Radisson which was sent up that way to help out.  Currently, she is in the Georgian Bay.
 But it was still nice to catch this ship, especially since I haven't done any serious boatwatching in a while.
 She gets close to the beam shot.
 I kind of like the clouds in the background.
 And the beam shot.
And she moves on her way.  From this point, it would be about 24 hours from the Soo and because of the ice, at least 36 to 48 hours from Thunder Bay.

No comments: