Thursday, April 11, 2019

Some Land and Some Take Off

Since it was 787 night, I decided to head over to Detroit Metro Airport in order to catch the pair of 787s that fly into there.
 As I was arriving at my spot at the airport, I saw that the Royal Jordanian 787 was almost landing.  I couldn't park quickly enough to get a shot of it.  So I ended up going to my spot on the western side of the airport and caught this 737.
 It was arriving from Seattle.
 This United Airlines E170 was arriving from O'Hare Airport in Chicago.
 I wasn't sure what side of the airport the Air France 787 would be landing on, so I headed over to the parking garage on a chance it would be using the eastern runway.  I caught it taxiing.  They are rebuilding the interior runway, so I think that is messing up some of the approaches.
 It was nice that I was able to get some pictures of it.
 In fact, these may have been better than if I could have caught it flying.  As I finished taking pictures of this plane, I knew that the Fed Ex MD-11 would be coming in.  Unfortunately, I saw that one landing as I was leaving the parking garage.
 I then decided that I wanted to get some pictures of planes taking off.  I haven't done that in a while and it would give me some different shots.  I saw this guy lined up on the runway as I was heading to the north end of the airport.  It was 757 on its way to Los Angeles.
 this A319 was on its way to Milwaukee.   In the time between taking this picture and now, it is back in Detroit.
 I'm not sure where it is heading next.
 An A330 on its way to London.  As I type this post, it is almost there, so it is a little over 7 hour flight.
 I guess one thing I like about taking off pictures is that they are relatively clean once the gear is up.
 This A330 was on its way to Amsterdam.  I think after it gets there it will turn around and head to Portland, Oregon.
 A Southwest Airlines 737 on its way to Nashville.  In the time since taking the picture and now, the plane has been to Austin and is now on its way to Las Vegas.
 This MD-81 belongs to the Detroit Tigers and is taking the team to Minneapolis.  I don't think they have to hurry though as the game tomorrow is postponed.
 A Sun Country 737 on its way to Gulfport.
 I like catching these planes because they give a different color to a white sky.
 A 767 on its way to Rome.  I think this flight still has a couple of hours.
 And its gear up.
 A Delta Airlines MD-90 on its way to Philadelphia.  I hear that Delta may be speeding up the retirement of these planes.  Its kind of a shame but understandable since they are approaching 30.
 Another shot of that plane.
 A 737 on its way to Minneapolis.  It might have a rough flight as there is a nasty front heading our way.
 Another 767 on its way to Frankfurt.
 And gear up.
 After I finished grocery shopping, I heard this guy approaching.  Fortunately, I still had my camera with me.
 It is a Chinook helicopter that came from Selfridge Air National Guard Base.
 I was actually happy with my pictures of it.
And one more shot.

No comments: