Friday, April 26, 2019

Herbie the Love Boat

And this is the ship that I wanted to catch.
 As I looked at AIS, I saw that the Herbert C. Jackson was just passing Marine City.
 Experience tells me that puts her about 3 hours from Detroit.  So I didn't really have to rush to get down to Detroit to catch her.  I'm glad I got there a little early, as I wouldn't have caught the other two ships.  It has been a while since I've caught more than two ships in an outing.  Mainly because I haven't spent alot of time each time I go out.
 At any rate, the Jackson was on her way down to Cleveland.  I kind of wish I could have caught her there as it's a pretty nice sight there.
 I think she picked up her load in Duluth which likely means it was taconite.
 From Detroit, it is about another 7 to 8 hours to Cleveland.  And as I type this, she is unloading in Toledo.
 I'm not sure where she will head after that.
 But at any rate, it was nice to catch her.
One more shot of her stern.

No comments: