Saturday, April 27, 2019

The Frontenac Passes By

And now the ship I wanted to catch.
 I wanted to catch this one because I think she might be near the end of her life.  With Algoma scrapping their classic lakers, I have to believe this one is not too far behind.
 But you never know, it seems like she is in pretty good shape and it also seems like she gets put to use quite a bit.
 She was heading down to Detroit, I'm not sure where she was headed from and it looks like she was pretty loaded.  I'm going to guess that she's off to the stone docks.
 I don't think it took her that long to unload because as I type this, she is on her way to Drummond Island.
 She's a beautiful boat at anyrate.  Shame that she has that ugly self unloader on her but I think that's what keeps her going.
 the near beam shot.
 I'm not normally a fan of stern shots but I like this one.
And one more before moving on.

No comments: