Sunday, April 21, 2019

Chasing the Roger Blough

After I got home on Friday night, I checked Marine Traffic and saw that the Blough would be coming down.  I also saw that I didn't have to rush to go catch her.  Originally, I thought I would have to get up early to catch her.
 As it turns out, I should have gotten up just a little earlier so I could catch her at Port Huron.  I arrived at my spot there only to see that she had already passed.  So I headed over to Marysville to catch her.
 It was pretty windy while I was taking these pictures but it didn't start to rain yet.  It was just cold with the wind.
 And as you can see, the skies were pretty dreary.
 But that didn't stop me from getting pictures.
 And then it started to rain but I soldiered on.  Much like the Blough.
 The main problem was that the rain was starting to obscure my lens.
A side shot of her pilothouse.
 And she continues on down the river.
 I decided that I didn't have enough pictures, so I went down to St. Clair.  Unfortunately, it was raining harder by the time I got there.  I decided to leave my big lens on my camera.
 But I kind of like foggy shots.  so this was okay.
 She kept on coming.
 One more full shot of her.
 Since I still had my big lens on, I was able to get some shots I don't normally get.
 Some of the people in the pilothouse.
 A shot of her stack.
 Her house flags.  The flag on the left is the CN flag. The middle flag is for Key Management.  They run her because CN is a Canadian Company.  The right flag is the Great Lakes Fleet flag.
 A shot of her unloader.  she has a fairly unique unloader.  Only the Cort, Speer and Blough have this style of unloader and that limits the ports they can visit.
 A shot of her stern.
One more shot as she goes on her way to Conneaut, Ohio.

No comments: