Friday, April 26, 2019

Life Is Just a Fantasy

The next ship was also a surprise but not too much of one.
 I actually saw her down in Lake Erie as she was entering the Detroit River as I looked at AIS.  Over the years of experience, I've discovered that means it will be about 2.5 hours before she arrives at Belle Isle.
 She was on her way up to Sarnia and I think she was coming from Nanticoke.  I'm not sure if she was loaded or not.
 It would be about five hours from this point until she arrives in Sarnia.
 I didn't want to swap lens, so I kept the big lens on.  That let me get some detail shots.
 A shot of her bow.  The red flag means that she is carrying dangerous cargo.  So from  that, I would assume she was loaded.
 A shot of her pilothouse.  The orange thing on the back is her life boat.  It will slip from the rails if there is danger.
One more shot as she passes by.

And the reason for the title?  Aldo Nova was a band in the 80's and that was the title of their only hit.

No comments: