Sunday, April 14, 2019

Catching Up With Big Paul

I was looking at Marine Traffic on Friday and I saw that the Paul R. Tregurtha was making her way up north.  I also saw that she would be passing Belle Isle at about the time I could arrive there, so I decided to head over to Detroit.
 As I arrived in Detroit, I saw that she had stopped for fuel.  I kind of figured that's what she might do but I wasn't sure.  So I headed over to Riverside Park to get some shots of her.
 It was a pretty nice day and there were a few people at the park. The sun was shining just about perfectly for me.  Unfortunately, I couldn't get the angles that I was looking for.
 I tried to move around to get some better angles.
 This was kind of neat.  The steel mill was blowing off some smoke.
 I almost got the angle I was looking for.  I couldn't quite get it though.
I had my lens ball with me.  The Tregurtha is somewhere in there.  Currently, she is on her way to Superior.  There is still quite a bit of ice on Lake Superior.

No comments: