Saturday, April 20, 2019

It's 787 Day

Thursday is the day that I set aside for planewatching.  Mainly because that is the day that two 787s come to Detroit.  It also helps that it is staying light longer after work.  Thursday was a little on the cold side but I wasn't about to let that get in the way.
 I wasn't sure if I could make it to the airport in time because it was starting to look like the first 787 would arrive before I could get there.  As I came up to my spot, I caught this CRJ-200 arriving from Stewart International Airport in New York, New York.
 Next up was a business jet version of a 737.
 I'm not sure where it was coming from though.  But it was cool to see something different.
I did make it in time to catch the first 787 that was landing.  I wasn't sure if I would nor was I sure it would land on the runway where I was waiting.  Not only did I catch it, I got a beacon shot out of the deal.
 I really like catching the 787.  I think it is a fairly beautiful aircraft.
 And I think this particular livery suits.
 the beam shot.
 Next up was a Gulfstream IV arriving from Teterboro, New Jersey.
 I decided to head over to the other runway because it looked like some of the planes were lining for landing on that one.  I caught this 737 coming in from Dallas-Fort Worth.
 It was little windy and it was starting to look like it would start raining.  I like the cloud pattern in this one.
 This A330 was arriving from Amsterdam.
 A Spirit Airlines A320 arriving from Atlanta.
 Of course the Air France 787 ended up landing on the other area.
 But it was cool enough that I wasn't getting any heat haze.  So I was able to blow it up a bit.
 As it passed over the hangar.
 Next up was a 757.
 This particular one belonged to Fed Ex and was arriving from Indianapolis.
 I like the freight version of this plane.  It has a nice clean look.

 And one more shot.
 A Cessna Citation arriving from Oklahoma City.
 Another view of the plane.
 A 757 arriving from Orlando.  This is the Spirit of Freedom version.
 And the Fed Ex MD-11 managed to squeeze in before the rain hit.
 I like catching this plane because it pretty cool.  This plane is Flight 505 from Memphis.
 Another view.
And one more before hitting the road.

No comments: