Thursday, April 1, 2021

And the Ever Lovely Kaye E. Barker

 And then there was the ship that I was interested in catching, the Kaye E. Barker.  I kind of wish she were passing a little earlier because I would have loved to catch her on the Rouge River.  I'm not going to complain too much tough.

She was coming down from Marquette with a load of taconite.
She's been busy this season so far.  This is her second run to the Rouge plant.  She's been making stone runs from Sandusky to Zug Island.
I think she's also done a couple of shuttle runs on the Cuyahoga River.
This time she is delivering taconite to the Rouge Steel Mill.
Despite what the skies were looking like earlier, they were looking pretty good now.
Except that it was pretty cold.  But that was okay because that meant no heat haze.
I love the look of things in the "golden light".
This light really brings out the looks of ships.
And she has a fresh coat of paint, so she looks really nice.
I kind of like the looks of the clouds in this shot.
And she always looks lovely.
She passes the apartments on the other side.
The beam shot.
In another couple hours, she will be at her destination.
The winds were starting to die down.
I had to get one more shot in the setting sun.


No comments: