Thursday, April 1, 2021

Catching Up With the Arthur M. Anderson

 As I was looking at Marine Traffic on Tuesday, I noticed that the Arthur M. Anderson would be passing after I got out of work.  I was hoping that I could catch her at Belle Isle but I couldn't get over there soon enough.

The best place that I could catch her was Del Ray Park.  I wasn't sure that it was open but I figured if it wasn't open I would head over to Belanger Park.  Fortunately it was open.
It was pretty warm Tuesday and that made for some pretty severe heat haze.  But the light was just about perfect.
It was also pretty windy, so I wasn't sure if I could use my drone.  More on that in a bit.
You can see that she is cutting through the waves pretty well.
I was able to get some decent wave action.
One more shot with the camera before switching the drone.
It was pretty windy and I couldn't take the drone up too high.  I was starting to get high wind warnings.
But I'm starting to discover that I like the low angle shots better anyway.  I'll save the high angle shots for when ships are pretty still.
I think this one is my favorite.
And then I switched back to my main camera.  If you look at the maple leaf on the other side of the Anderson, that is one of the supports for the Gordie Howe International Bridge.  After several years of delay, it is starting to get built.  I'm not sure how long it will take to build it.  I do know that it is going to change the look of this part of the river.
She continues down the river.  She was delivering taconite to Conneaut, Ohio.  With the Blough out, I think we will see more of the Anderson and her sisters.
One more shot.


No comments: