Friday, April 23, 2021

Catching an Osprey

 After stopping at the airport for a while.  It's actually been a while since I've spent that much time at the airport, I headed down to Belle Isle.  There was a ship that I definitely wanted to catch and there were a couple others within the window of my stay.

As I was waiting for the first ship, I saw an unusual looking bird heading out to the river.  As I trained my camera on it, I realized that it was an osprey.  So I started to follow him.
It became  apparent that he was hunting over the river.  I was hoping that I would catch a shot of him diving.
His head was moving from side to side and then he started to dive.  Sadly, he didn't catch anything.
He started to fly along the water.
I just wish my camera were focusing a little better.  I also had to crop these pictures.
I think I really like this shot.
Just gliding along.

Another picture that I wish was in better focus.  I thought that maybe I would catch the moment where he pulled a fish up but that wasn't to be.  He was just skimming the water and then flew away after this.  I was also hoping that I would see him again but again, that didn't happen.  Oh well.

No comments: