Friday, April 30, 2021

The Mighty Paul Tregurtha

 This is a ship that I was not expecting to see.

Usually when I see the Paul R. Tregurtha on AIS, she is usually heading to or from St. Clair.
She delivers coal to the St. Clair Power Plant.  So I don't usually expect to see her.
Lately, she has been doing a split load between St. Clair and Monrone.  Not only does Monroe have a nuclear plant but they also have a coal plant.
So the Paul Tregurtha was taking a split load of coal down to Monroe.
So it was pretty cool to see her.
One more picture with my normal camera.
I had to take to the air for this one.  I am still amazed by the blueness of the Detroit River.
The red of the Tregurtha's hull makes for a good contrast.
She will be at her destination in about three hours.
The beam shot.
And one more shot.  I love these shots from the air and I'm not normally a fan of the stern shot.


No comments: