Saturday, April 24, 2021

Some Wildlife on River Road

 So on Thursday I had to go up to Bay City for my uncle's funeral.  He is an uncle that I haven't seen in a long time.  By long time, I mean close to 30 years.  He had a pretty complicated life and I wasn't sure if I actually wanted to go to the funeral but sometimes you have to do things that you don't want to do.

In order to get to Bay City, I got off I-75 at River Road/M-13 to take the drive along the river up.  It is usually a nice drive and occasionally, I will see some interesting wildlife.

So  as I was heading into Bay City, I looked up in a tree and I saw this guy.  I had to stop because it was an eagle.
A juvenile eagle to be precise.  Based on his coloring, I would say he is around 3 or 4 years old.  You can see some white feathers in his head.  They start getting the white head around 5 years.  It was pretty neat to see.
These pictures are on the way out of Bay City coming back.  I saw these swans, so I had to stop.
I think they are trumpeter swans although they could be tundra swans.  I think the head coloration is a hallmark of tundra swans, but I'm not 100% sure.
It's kind of like he is saying, "Hey does somebody come into your house to take pictures."
One more shot before moving on.


No comments: