Friday, April 23, 2021

The Baie Comeau Passes By

So it wasn't long before my first ship appeared for me.  I shouldn't have waited this long to post because I'm not sure where she was coming from.  But I'm pretty sure she was heading up to Thunder Bay.

It almost looked like she was loaded but I'm not sure.  Usually upbound ships are not loaded.  The cargo typically comes from the northern ports of the lakes and flow down to the southern ports.
There are a few places in the south where they can pick up stone and other things.  So sometimes, they will deliver something from the north, head over to Sandusky or one of them where they will pick up stone.
They will then deliver that on the back trip.  I think the way their cost structure works, anytime they can make a delivery on the return trip, it's gravy.
Anyway, this is one of the ships that was built in China and it is now almost ten years old.
While many people don't like their looks, I do.  They aren't quite as nice a classic laker but they are still pretty nice looking.
This one seems to be in better shape than many of the other Canadian vessels.  There is still quite a bit of wharf scrapping though.
That is to be expected though.
One more shot with my regular camera.
Then I switched over to my drone.  I am really liking my drone shots but I don't think they will ever replace my regular camera shots.
I like the different angles that I can get.  I also like that I can move it so that I can get an angle where I am not looking into the sun.
I kind of like this shot.
I really like the fact that I can shot the top of a ship.
Almost a beam shot.
the beam shot.
And then she starts to pull away.
I like seeing the wake.
It was a nice day.
Kind of the view of the mouth of the Detroit River.
 

No comments: