Thursday, April 15, 2021

And We Catch the Big Paul Again....

 So I was able to catch the Paul R. Tregurtha again.

It was a little colder on this day, so I was able to see the steam cloud from her scrubber.
I will have to admit that it looked pretty neat.  It makes her almost look like a steamship of old.
Once again, she was doing a split load between St. Clair and Monroe, but I didn't realize it at the time.
It was a calm enough day, so I was able to get my drone out too.  More on that in a couple of pictures later.
She makes the first turn towards the channel.
I will have to admit, it is pretty nice to watch the dance.
She steers towards the channel.  There are a pair of channel markers that she is steering for.  I've done a post of those.
Another shot.
If you want to get an idea of the size of these ships, look at the jet skier in front of it.  The telephoto lens does compress distances a bit.
She continues to head for the channel.
There was a slight haze, so it almost looks like it is floating in the air.
Another picture with another jet skier in it.

The bow shot.
One more shot with my regular camera.
And then I switched to my drone.  I was happy to finally get a shot of the Tregurtha with my drone.
I kind of like the shot from the drone, you can see the other turn as she makes the turn for the river.
I'm not sure what my altitude was though.
I love the full view of the ship.

the almost beam shot.
She makes her way down the rest of the river.
The Hollyhock to one side, the Mississagi to the other.
One more shot as she continues down.


No comments: