Saturday, April 24, 2021

And a Stop at Fish Point

 My dad came up to the funeral with me.  It was for my uncle's brother but he was a part of the family for 20 years.  My mom couldn't make it, so I guess he went in her place.  After catching pictures of the Edson, I took him over to Fish Point.  I think it has been a while since he was out there.

I was actually hoping to see some snowy owls but I think they have made their journey further north at this point.  I have seen some pictures, so I wasn't sure.  Except the last picture I saw was one on the Mackinac Bridge.  Seeing an egret was nice though.
I was not expecting to see pelicans there.  I've heard that pelicans will stop here but I've never seen them before.  Sadly, they were hanging out towards the back, so I couldn't get a good picture.
A red winged blackbird.  I think these are very nice looking birds.
As I have said in another post, they are my bird of spring.
More shots of the pelicans.
More pelicans.
I was hoping to get a shot where the neck was extended.
I had to crop this one and I still don't like it that much but a pelican is cool, so I'll keep it.
I think this is a mute swan.  It has the little knob on its face.  But it is not a prominent one, so this may be a hybrid swan.
I was able to get a better shot out of the reeds.
Another shot of the egret.
I kind of like this one a little better.  I should have pulled the camera down a little more to get the reflection.
The wind was causing ripples in the water, so I couldn't get a reflection in this shot.
And then he took off.
Another egret flying.


No comments: