Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Catching the Beast

 The next ship is another frequent visitor to this blog.

I'm not sure if this is an exclusive run but it is run frequently.
The coal fields west of Minnesota are a source of low sulfur coal and as a result, it is preferred by the power plants of the Great Lakes.
The coal is loaded in Superior, Wisconsin and the ships leave via the lift bridge in Duluth.
In fact, the calendar I have this year has a drone picture of the Paul R. Tregurtha.
Anyway, the fact that there is the St. Clair power plant, the Tregurtha will make frequent trips to her.
It is about three days from Superior to St Clair.  Sometimes, the Tregurtha will do a partial load to the St. Clair Plant and then saunter down to the Monroe power plant.
It was a little more windy out here.
And that was making for some nice bow wave action.
It almost looks like the seagull is flying out of the wave in this one.
As a result, I may have taken more pictures that normal.
The remnants of a wave.
A wave getting pushed to the side.
I love this one.
I'll have to say that she looks pretty impressive in her bow shot.
And a really impressive wave.
I kind of like the splashes after this one.
She passes by the bridge.
Another shot with another wave.
About as much of a beam shot as I can get.

A shot of her pilot house.
I like the way the flag almost stands straight out.
She sports the name of a port she will never visit.  I guess it's the Great Lakes version of flag of convenience.
One more shot.  In roughly two hours, she will be in St. Clair.


No comments: