Thursday, April 1, 2021

Catching the Oakglen

 Usually on Thursdays I will go take pictures at the airport.  I didn't feel like it tonight because it was pretty cold out and it was pretty cloudy.  After dinner, I decided to check Marine Traffic and I saw that a couple of ships were passing.  I couldn't pass up one of them.

After picking up a couple of prescriptions, I headed down to Belle Isle.  I wasn't sure if I was going to catch the Oakglen.
I was glad I did because she is one I haven't seen in close to four years.
She is what is known as a straight decker and is mostly used to carry grain.  If things are the same this year, the grain industry has been a bright spot for the shipping companies.
Based on the ships that I see moving right now, this year isn't going to be much different.
She was heading to Quebec City and if I remember correctly that is about another four days sailing.
This is after two days of sailing from Thunder Bay.
That route is about as far as you can travel on the St. Lawrence Seaway and still be in fresh water.
She continues down the river.
One more shot.


No comments: