Friday, November 5, 2021

The Algoma Equinox Makes an Appearance

 It wasn't too long before the next ship appeared.

The ship in question was the Algoma Equinox.
A Canada goose appears in this shot.
The Algoma Equinox was heading to Baie Comeau which is up near the mouth of the St. Lawrence River.
As such, I believe it is in brackish waters and explains why some of the Canadian ships have more rust than many American ships.
I think she was coming down from Thunder Bay.
Based on where she was going and her configuration, she is likely carrying grain.
I think Baie Comeau is one of the trans-shipping ports.
Ships like the Algoma Equinox will take grain there and other ships will pick it up to carry it to Europe and Asia.
I took my drone up.  You can see hints of fall color in the background.

Things are much closer here, so I can get better pictures with my drone.  I'll have to say that this is my favorite angle.
She starts to pass by.
The beam shot.
It was a bit on the chilly side, so I didn't stay to take any pictures after this one.  I'm not usually a fan of stern shots anyway.


No comments: