Friday, November 26, 2021

The Ever Lovely Kaye E. Barker

 And this is the ship that I really wanted to catch.

I was kind of waffling about going out yesterday.  It was raining but it wasn't too cold.  I was almost ready to not go out and then I saw this ship coming down.
The Kaye E. Barker was on her way to Toledo.
I think she was coming down from Marquette.
And that means she was carrying iron for the smelter in Toledo.
It's kind of nice that they added that, it brings more cargo this way.
And it might make up for the closure of some of the steel mills.
Even though it was hazy, I kind of like these pictures.
Gives a different quality to them.
At anyrate, the water was still calm enough.
She makes her way for the bend in the river.
One more shot with my regular camera.
I had to go back to my drone.  The weather wasn't much worse than the other ship.
The water was still calm enough and I like the reflection.
The color is pretty neat too.
I think this is my favorite.
Unfortunately, I couldn't get my beam shot because one of my handles came off.  I forgot to tighten it on the controller.  I was able to get it back on before completely losing the shot.
And one more shot.  I think from this point, she was about 8 hours from Toledo.






No comments: