Thursday, June 24, 2021

A Stop at the Rifle River Recreation Area

 So I decided to take my mom up to the Rifle River Recreation Area.  It has been quite a few years since I've been there, so it was kind of cool.

There was a little spot where we could stop.  They had an observation tower and the foundation for a house that used to be here.
It was kind of a nice spot.
I decided to take my drone up.  I'll have to admit it was a pretty cool view.
I'm not sure was lake this is.
A little closer.
The river itself.  I used to go canoeing down this when I was growing up.
another spot.
Then I decided to climb up to the observation tower.  Granted the view from here wasn't as cool as my drone but not too bad.
Looking out around.


the road leading away from the observation tower.
A group of indian paintbrushes.
A closer picture of that.
A single Indian paintbrush.
A pair of them.
A daisy.
This is why my mom wanted to go up there.
It is a pink lady's slipper.  Apparently, they have some yellow ones but we couldn't find any of those.
I was able to get a few different angles.
Another one.
I like this one.
But this one might be my favorite.


No comments: