Monday, June 28, 2021

Next Up, the Burns Harbor

 I wasn't sure if I was going to have a good boat day or not.  It turned out to be a decent boat day.  It would have been better if the weather was better.

The Burns Harbor was my first upbound ship.  I decided to start with my regular camera for her.
She's one of the ships that I don't get to see much.  Her regular run is from Duluth, Superior or Two Harbors to her namesake harbor.
She will occasionally make runs to the east side of the state but those visits are very rare.
Many folks do not like the 1000 footers.  I think they are cool.  It's hard to believe a ship of that size is on the lakes.
And then I switched to my drone.  I will have to admit that this makes for a pretty cool view.
The water was still pretty calm.
She passes by.  Usually when they pass by, they give a salute and this time was no different.
I was little braver in trying to get this one captured.
She passes the ferry.
I like this shot.
A shot of her pilothouse.
And she continues on.
A stern shot.
She heads towards the locks.
And she passes Clydes.


No comments: