Sunday, June 6, 2021

Going with Yukon Cornelius

 The next ship is an oldie and a favorite.  It was old my first time catching her this year.

When I was sick in the hospital, I found out that Algoma Central had bought four of American Steamships ships.  There were two that they could use almost immediately, one with a little work and one that would be scrapped.  I had a feeling it was an "all four or none" deal.
One of the ones they could use almost immediately was the then named Adam E. Cornelius.
It was the second ship of American Steamship to be named the Adam E. Cornelius.
It wasn't much use to American Steamship and as such, it spent a great deal of time in layup.
It was pretty useful to Algoma and they ended up buying.
They immediately put it to use carrying salt and gave it the name of Compass.
Compass is the name of the company that mines the salt for them.
It was a nice looking ship in American Steamship colors.
And it still looks nice in Algoma colors.
Despite that it carries salt, it seems like they take care of this one.
So then I switched to my drone.
This ship looks really cool from the air.
I like this shot.
The almost beam shot.
And the beam shot.
And she heads off.



No comments: