Monday, June 14, 2021

Fostoria from the Air

 After Ottawa and Magee, I decided to head down to Fostoria.  I wanted to get more drone shots there.

There weren't too many trains, so I decided to get some pictures of their caboose.
It was a pretty hot day, so I was glad I brought the drone and didn't try to chase the trains.
Another angle.
The F Tower at Fostoria.  This used to control  the local rail traffic but it was closed down a few years ago.  The train traffic is controlled from a central location now.
I think CSX still uses it as a place to store parts.
While I was waiting for the next train, I decided to get some pictures of the track.  I was also checking the signals....red.
The other direction.
Then I took the drone higher to get a shot of Fostoria.
The CSX diamond.
From another direction.  It kind of helps to know the directions of the whistles because that helps me get the drone in position.
A train coming down from Toledo.
It was heading east.
I took the drone up.
I'm still not sure about my high shots of trains.  They kind of get lost in the terrain.
And another train.  

This was it for the day.  Someone was saying that they are running longer trains which means less trains.  I'm not sure that is a good idea.  I think I might have read about a derailment near Fostoria which might explain the lack of trains.  Oh well, maybe next time.


No comments: