Tuesday, June 22, 2021

And the MTM Southport...a New Visitor Here

 I didn't realize there was an upbound ship until I saw it heading upbound.

The ship in question was the MTM Southport and is a new visitor to this blog.
She is owned by MTM Ship Management out of Singapore.  Surprisingly, she is also registered in Singapore.
She was built in 2008 as the Gotten.  In 2010, she got her current name.
She is a tanker that can carry 20,000 tons of cargo.
She gets approached by the Huron Maid.
She is 481 feet long and 77 feet wide.  The salt water vessels typically have a lower length to beam ratio.
The ladder from the ship comes down.
And the pilot goes up.
He reaches the top.
And they wait for the pilot to get up to the pilothouse.
And then the other pilot can come down.
I switched over to my drone.
She was heading to Sarnia.  I'm not sure what she was delivering though.
I kind of like this shot.
She starts to pass the Ambassador Bridge.  I couldn't take my drone much further.
A beam shot.
And she continues on.


No comments: