Wednesday, June 30, 2021

The Edwin H. Gott Passes Belle Isle

 I know that I caught her up the Soo the day before, but I didn't get a chance to get any shots of her with my normal camera.  Plus it was a nicer day.

Unfortunately, it was windy, so I wasn't going to get any drone shots.  But the wind made for some nice bow wave action.
The Gott was heading down to Conneaut, Ohio.
She is passed by a Coast Guard fast response boat.  I'm not sure if the Coast Guard boat was coming off a rescue.
Anyway, she would have been going to Conneaut with a load of taconite.
With the Blough being out indefinitely, other ships have to pick up some of the slack.
I think steel production might still be down, but I'm not sure since many of the ships have been busy.
She gives me the almost beam shot.
And she gives me the beam shot.




No comments: