Sunday, June 20, 2021

Catching the Snowbirds One More Time

 I got back home in time to eat dinner and get one more chance to catch the Snowbirds.  I was thinking of getting another ticket and then I realized there was a spot I could catch them where I would be shooting with the sun instead of into the sun, so I went there.

The spot is close enough to the airport that I was able to catch them.  In fact, I think I was in a spot that was almost as far as if I were there.
At any rate, it was nice shooting with the sun because I wasn't getting the glare of the sun.
There was some stuff I couldn't see well but for the most part, I got it.
I like this formation.
Another angle of that formation.
They did a loop.
And came out of the loop.
A mirror formation of sorts.
Another one.
I kind of like this one.
I always love it when I get a passing shot.
One of the solo planes.
They called this the halo formation.
Another mirror.
I'm not sure what they called this one.
I think they were grouping up again.
One last pass before they returned to Windsor.
It wasn't too long before the CF-18 Hornet appeared again.
Again, I was glad to catch it in this light.
Just wish I were a little closer.
He took it through its paces.
This was the climb like a rocket.
There was some humidity in the air.
I think this is my favorite of the bunch.
He was doing a roll.
I just wish they had the other plane.

And one more before he headed back to Windsor.


No comments: