Saturday, June 12, 2021

And Then There Was the Chestnut

 Next up is a ship that hasn't appeared on this blog before.

I'm pretty sure her sisters have though.
The Chestnut was built in 2009 but I'm not sure where.  Based on her looks, I would guess China.
She can carry 30,807 tons of cargo.
She is 606 feet long and 77 feet wide which allows her to go through the Welland Canal.
She is owned by Navarone SA Marine but run by Canadian Forest Navigation.
Her company is headquartered in Cypress and she is registered in Cypress.
She makes the turn to leave the river.
And then I switched to my drone.  My drone wasn't giving me any guff here, so it was cool.
Now I can see why they call it the Blue Water Bridge.
I'm not sure why the hatches are open.
Maybe they are airing out the holds.
One more shot before moving on to something else.


No comments: