Friday, June 25, 2021

The Michipicoten Passes Belle Isle

 So I looked at Marine Traffic again on Wednesday night.  I thought I had a chance to catch the Cuyahoga but it turns out that I didn't.  I looked again and saw that I had a chance to catch this ship.

It seems like the Michipicoten has been spending more time in the area which is fine by me.  She's a nice looking ship.
She was coming down from the Soo Area and I think she had a load of rocks for Detroit.
She is a nice looking ship.
Her normal route is the Duluth to the Soo Steel Mill.  As a result, she gets alot of red from the iron that she carries.
I think that red adds character though.
She also has a few wharf scrapings.
I think she is going to be around for a while though.
One more shot with my regular camera.
I switched to my drone but it was a little windy.
Fortunately, the wind was coming in off the river, so it would be easier recovering the drone than sending it out.
Got some pretty nice pictures though.
I love the blue of the Detroit River.
She starts to pass.
One more shot with my drone.
I then took some stern shots with my other camera.
One more.


No comments: