Friday, June 18, 2021

Return of Another Old Friend

So it was finally the day of the air show.  My dad came down a little early.  I was hoping that we could catch a couple of ships but the shipping traffic didn't want to cooperate, so I took him over to Metro Airport.

I actually was not expecting to catch this plane but apparently he had to do a go around and as a result I was able to catch him.
The normal runway this plane would have landed on was closed, so he had to land a closer runway which meant I could get pictures of it.
The Lufthansa flights to Detroit resumed sometime last week, this was the first time I had a chance to catch it.  This flight was arriving from Frankfurt.
The next plane is a plane that I figured I would catch.
This was a 757 coming in from Los Angeles.
One more, because we like the 757.
An Embrear 175 belonging to United Airlines coming in from Houston.
A CRJ-700 coming in from Providence.
An A321 coming in from Fort Lauderdale.
There were quite a few of these.  This one was arriving from Mosinee, Wisconsin.
It was followed by another CRJ-200 coming in from South Bend.
A CRJ-200 coming in from Appleton.
This A321 was arriving from San Francisco.
Followed by one from Salt Lake City.
Another plane that I wasn't expecting to see.
This 717 was coming in from New Orleans.
A CRJ-700 coming in from Cincinnati.
Followed by one coming in from Grand Rapids.
An A320 from Miami.
This plane is growing on me.
This is A220-300 arriving from Dallas.
Followed by a CRJ-700 from Midway Airport in Chicago.
A CRJ-200 from Dayton.
And another.
I was happy to see another 757.
This one was arriving from Seattle.
This was A220-100.
And it was arriving from Austin.
A CRJ-200 from Pellston.
A CRJ-900 that was arriving from Rapid City, Iowa.
This 717 was coming in from Traverse City.
A Southwest Airlines 737 coming in from Midway.
An American Eagle E170 coming in from Chicago's O'Hare Airport.
Another Southwest 737.
This one was arriving from Phoenix.
A Spirit Airlines A320 coming in from Myrtle Beach.
And an A321 arriving from Minneapolis.
A United Express E175 coming in from Denver.
This is another plane that I was waiting for.
After over a year, the 737MAX is back in service.  Boeing had to make a number of improvements to the software for this plane.  I think they had to do some other stuff.  And now it is flying again.  I'm still not 100% sure about this design, but I imagine it was more thoroughly checked out this time.
This particular one was arriving from Denver.


 

No comments: