Friday, June 4, 2021

Next Up the Federal Kumano

 After catching the Anderson in Marysville, I decided to head back up to Port Huron.  As I was heading up to Port Huron, I passed a ship that I would end up missing.  I wasn't too disappointed by that since the next I could catch looked exactly like her.

The Federal Kumano is one of several salties that travel on the Great Lakes.
I think she was heading down from Duluth.
And she was heading to Montreal.
I think she had a load of grain for Montreal.  Or she might have had a destination of Montreal because she would drop off cargo there and pick up something for overseas.
I really like these ships.  They add a bit of color to the ships on the lakes.
They also seem to be fairly well taken care of.  Saltwater vessels tend to look rougher than their freshwater equivalents.
She starts to make her turn for the river.
I love the lighting.
The second head on shot.
And she turns for the channel.
There are quite a few trucks heading into Canada.  I think that bodes well for the economy.
She cuts a nice profile.
A seagull passing by.
A shot of  her pilothouse.
She is registered in Majuro which is in the Marshall Islands.
If some aspects of science are to be believed, the Marshall Islands will cease to exist.


No comments: