Friday, June 25, 2021

Catching a Tugboat

 I decided to wait around for the next vessel.

It was a regular tugboat carrying a couple of barges.  I don't usually get to see regular tugboats, so it was cool.
It was the Kurt Luedtke coming down from Alpena.  It didn't have a destination listed on AIS, so I don't know where it was heading.
Based on what I've seen her doing before, she might be going somewhere to help with dredging work.
Anyway, it is a nice looking boat.
I love the red and green colors.
An almost beam shot.
One more.
I decided to catch it from the air but I think it might be too little to get a decent shot.  It looks like the barges were empty, so I think it was going somewhere where they would be filled.
I like this shot.
I really like this shot.  The red of the superstructure stands out against the blue of the water.

On a side note, the Grand Prix has been mostly cleaned up.  There were a few remnants but the island was mostly unblocked which was cool.  In years past, it took them much longer to clear out the island and it was annoying.  Now if they can shorten the construction time, that would be cool.


No comments: