Thursday, June 24, 2021

Catching Up With the Munson

 So it wasn't too long before the ship I was waiting for appeared.

The John G. Munson got a late start to her season this year.  I think stone and iron delivers were slow at the start of the season but they have been picking up.
I think she was coming down from Stoneport or one of those spots.
She was heading to Detroit where she would be delivering stone.
After what looked like it would be a nasty day, it turned out to be a pretty nice day.
It wasn't even too windy.
She makes her turn for the river.
And the second bow shot.
She continues her turn.
One more shot from my normal camera.
And then I took to the air.  I really like my drone shots from here but I might need to learn how to control the exposure a little better.
I love the dark blue water against her red hull.
The beam shot.
She continues on her way.  If you look closely, you can see a couple ships in layup to the side.
One more shot.
I headed to Marysville next.  I wanted to get more shots of her.
I liked the way the light was hitting her here.  It almost looks like they painted her in the off season but I found out that didn't happen.
She doesn't head through the locks as much as some of the other ships, so I think that's why her paint looks better.
I like this shot.
She starts to pass by.

I kind of like the fact that there are mostly just trees in the background.
Almost a beam shot.
the beam shot.
The Stars and Stripes flying proudly.
And almost a stern shot.
I headed to St. Clair next because I wanted to get more drone shots.
Besides, I like the view here too.
There isn't really a bad spot on the St Clair River.
A bow shot.
A closer bow shot.
And then I took to the air again.
I like how you can see her turn in her wake.
I really like this shot.
She almost passes me by.
An almost beam shot.
And she passes by.
And one more shot before concluding what ended up being a pretty full day.


No comments: