Friday, June 4, 2021

Arthur Does as She Pleases

So on Saturday I wasn't sure what I wanted to do until I took a peak at Marine Traffic.  I saw that there was a fair number of ships coming down.  And then I saw that one of them was the Arthur M. Anderson.

I made it to Port Huron in time to see that she had already rounded the bend.  So I headed down to Marysville where I could get some good pictures of her.
Unfortunately, Marysville is in a no no zone for drones, so I couldn't get any drone shots of her there.
But I got some pretty nice shots with my regular camera.  They lighting was just about right.
She's a fairly nice looking ship to boot.
She was heading down to Marysville where she would be delivering stone.
Since I couldn't get any drone shots, I switched to my other lens.
This was the last shot before I was shooting into the sun.
And she passes.
One more shot.
So then I headed down to St. Clair.
I was hoping that I could get some drone shots there.
But I got a few more shots with my big lens.
The last shot before I tried to switch to my drone.
I couldn't fly my drone.  As soon as it took off, I saw the wind catch it.  I was about to take it over the river and try it anyway but I had visions of not getting it back.  The flag should have been my clue.
A shot as she continues on.
I decided to head over to Marine City to get a few more pictures of her.  I was hoping that she would pass by.
But then she started to pull into the anchorage by St. Clair.
I think she was waiting out the wind.
One more shot.  I'm not sure what she was waiting out.  If I had waited about a half hour, I could have caught her continuing.  Oh well, I had other ships to catch.  I'm sure I'll have other chances to catch the Anderson.



No comments: