Sunday, June 6, 2021

Memorial Day Boatwatching

 Since I had Memorial Day off and I saw that there were a couple of ships heading down, I figured I would head over to Belle Isle to get some pictures.  I don't think I've caught either this year.

First up is the Algoma Harvester.
She is one of a few of the Equinox boats that have been made as straight deckers.
A straight decker is a ship without the self-unloading boom but I think they have other unloading mechanisms.
Anyway, I think the grain trade is still up this year, so these ships have been fairly busy.
Sadly, I don't remember where this one was heading.
I'm gonna say it was Quebec City but it could also be Montreal.
Either one represents a pretty long journey.
Belle Isle was pretty busy but not as bad as it got later in the day.
One more shot with my normal camera.
I went with the drone.  The wind wasn't too bad, so I was able to use my drone with no issues.
I've also been trying to shot ships lower too.
I kind of like the angle here.  It shows some of the background.  Also gives a better clue of the scale of these beasts.
It starts to pass by.
Another shot as it is starting to pass by.
The almost beam shot.
It passes by.
The Detroit skyline in the background.
One more shot.


No comments: