Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Pacific Coast Highway

So I had a little time to kill before my flight on Friday, so I decided to take a drive on the Pacific Coast Highway from Newport Beach to Long Beach. It covers a much longer distance but I didn't have that much time.
The Pacific Coast Highway is also known as California State Highway 1. Construction on it started in 1919 with the state's third highway bond issue. It originally went from San Simeon to Carmel. As the years went by, more was added to it. Now it goes from Dana Point to Leggett. I think parts of it follow the Coast Starlight but I'm not sure.
This part is lots of beaches and palm trees.
I think this is part of Long Beach.
Some of the houses lining it in Huntington.
More of those houses.
Looking at the Huntington pier.
A trail alongside.
A surfer statue in Huntington.

No comments: