Sunday, August 28, 2011

Waiting at John Wayne Airport

So I finished my brief wandering and headed to the airport. I had a bit of time to kill before my flight but there was plenty of light, so that wouldn't be much of a problem. I decided to head down to where my flight would be arriving. It wasn't a bad spot for planewatching.The tail of a Delta Airbus.
I'm starting to like taking odd angle plane pictures.
I'm not sure what kind of plane this is, but I thought it looked pretty neat.
A Southwest 737 coming in for a landing.
A Bonanza coming in for a landing.
Another Delta aircraft. I believe this one was coming in to the gate.
A United 737 taxiing to the gate. This plane would unfortunately ruin my good view, so I had to move.
A Lear Jet taxiing for takeoff.
A Delta Airbus landing.
Another oblique angle.
A very oblique angle.
A Southwest 737 getting ready for takeoff.
A Cessna coming in for a landing.
I was trying different angles.
I'm not sure what kind of plane this is.
An American Airlines plane in takeoff position. John Wayne is kind of a neat airport as the planes have to go out at full bore. They take off at a pretty steep angle to get to altitude quickly.
Another United plane taxiing to the gate.
And taxiing out.
Waiting.
A Southwest 737 as it passes the tower.
An American plane coming in for a landing.
I believe this is the 737 that would take me to Atlanta.
A shot of the tail.
A United plane coming in for a landing.
I kind of like this shot.
If the plane were less blurry, I'd really like this shot.
It was getting too dark. Oh well.

No comments: