Tuesday, December 25, 2012

The Langley Bridge

I looked at the time after finishing with the Ada Bridge and saw that we had an outside chance to make it to the bridge I didn't make it to on Saturday.  I knew that I would be pushing it though but I wanted to see this Bridge as well.
 We barely made it in time.  I had to bump up the film speed a couple of steps but there was still enough light left.  I kind of wish I had made it here about a half hour earlier because I think the golden hour would have been kind to this bridge.
 The Langley Bridge was built in 1887 by Pierce Bodmer.  At 282 feet, it is the longest remaining covered Bridge in Michigan.  It is located near the town of Centreville.
 The Bridge itself is named after the Langley family who were pioneers that helped establish Centreville.
 It remains a tourist attraction and is the centerpiece of Covered Bridges days which is Centreville's summer festival.
 A view of the sunsetting over the St. Joseph River.
 Another view of it.
 Looking down the other way.  Nearby is the Sturgis Dam.  I didn't have a chance to get pictures of that though.
And one more shot of the bridge.  I would like to catch this one again and give some more detailed pictures (if possible).

No comments: